Empire and Oil (Shocking and Awful Program 9)
Modern empires run on oil, and controlling this resource is key to the domination and destruction of potential rivals. This program examines the history of the Middle East and the desire of the United States to control its petroleum resources, through the Iraqi War and allegations of “weapons of Mass-Destruction” which were never found. Part nine of a twelve part series from Deep Dish TV on the war in Iraq. The programs address the implications and consequences of the recent military actions in Iraq and show how people are mobilizing to deal with the issues raised by the war.
- Empire and Oil (Shocking and Awful Program 9)
- Ideas and Power: Tiempo de Hibridos
- Writers Uncensored: Alice Walker: The Color Purple
- News World Order
- Environmental Racism
- Redwood Summer and Beyond
- Indigenous People and The Land
- Be a DIVA!
- Spigot For Bigots Or Channels For Change? Guess Who's Coming To Public Access? Pt 1 & Pt 2
- Fighting for Our Lives and The Wrath of Grapes
- Age Wise
- Rosa Clemente on the Systemic Racism of a Capitalist State
- Angry Initiatives, Defiant Strategies
- People's Climate March - Mayday Space
500+ hours of radical independent video
news & events
FROM THE OTHER SIDE: A FILM BY CHANTAL AKERMAN Presented by Reels for Radicals Dir. Chantal Akerman, 2002 France/Belgium/Australia/Finland, 99 min. FRIDAY, NOV. 4 168 Canal Street (6th Fl) Doors: 6:30...
Come celebrate independent media in honor of DDTV’s 30th Anniversary Friday, December 2, 2016, 6pm @ All Souls Church in NYC! Mark your calendars!...
THE MYTH OF AMERICAN DEMOCRACY: THE REALITY OF SYMBOLIC BUT HOLLOW EMPOWERMENT PART 2: THE ROLE OF ELECTIONS Livestream Discussion hosted by Kali Akuno, featuring Jared Ball and Thandisizwe Chimurenga...
Monday, October 10, 2016 Award Winning Journalist Mario Murillo Colombia – Revolutionary War and the Peace Agreement Deep Dish TV Salon Evenings The historic agreement just signed between...